We have teams of membership recruiters working in our eight Wildlife Trust areas: Avon, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Hampshire and Isle of Wight, Somerset, Wiltshire and Worcestershire, supported by our head office team in Exeter, Devon.
Our membership recruitment teams
Around 60 membership recruiters work across eight Trust teams, supported by four remotely-based membership sales managers and two team sales managers.
They use information stands and marketing materials at pre-arranged locations, engaging with people in a friendly, professional way. They are passionate about raising awareness of their local Wildlife Trust and how membership can benefit wildlife and people.
Our committed teams strive to consistently meet and surpass membership targets. In 2018-19, SWWFL contributed 22% of all members for Wildlife Trusts across the UK – an outstanding achievement. Opportunities to build on this momentum are increasing as public awareness and media coverage grow about the need to take urgent action to put nature into recovery.
Each team is well supported and highly valued by its local Wildlife Trust for helping thousands of people to become members – generating invaluable funds and making a real difference for wildlife.
Our head office team
What our colleagues say
Our colleagues’ views, obtained via our annual staff survey, are important and help to shape how we operate. Over 74% of all staff completed our most recent survey, with the following sample illustrating their experience with us:
- “Managers are accessible, approachable and responsive which is hugely helpful…”
- “It’s great to be part of such a fantastic charity, working to protect wildlife and reconnect people to nature.”
- “SWWFL are very well organised and very good at communication.”
- “The most enjoyable part of the job is engaging parents who want to invest in and encourage their children to champion and connect with nature.”
- “I have never before worked with such a genuine and happy bunch of people – from the CEO down everyone is approachable and really helpful no matter the question posed.”
- “The team in the office at SWWFL are very friendly and always willing to help. This relaxed and friendly atmosphere is great…”